POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray : Re: The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Jan 2001 18:44:19
Message: <3A638B22.6C6377AA@online.no>
"Bob H." wrote:

> That's neat.  Every time I get a magazine I look for any word about POV-Ray
> Trace in it; bet I'm not alone.
> I just got the Winter 2000 issue of Computer Arts with Maya 2.5 demo on CD,
> along with their Special issue too (much the same on CD with it, Strata 3D,
> Cinema 4D XL 6, etc.) and haven't seen mention of POV-Ray yet.  Maybe within
> the next decade is when POV gets onstage and in the lime-light  :-)  I guess it
> already is in the science sector.

Hello Bob !

(I thought you had completely disappeared. I didn't realize
that you had started signing Bob H., instead of Bob Hughes.)

Maybe people has noticed some of the images produced with
MegaPOV. Anyway I believe MegaPOV has contributed to extra
attention towards POV-Ray.

I have not tried any other ray tracers, so I don't know what
kind of competition POV-Ray has out there.

Btw.: I went along and had a look at your POV-gallery again.
(http://hometown.aol.com/iotadot/gallery1.htm)

There I found an image I don't remember having seen before:
"Coffee table". I like it.

Does this mean that you have updated your site lately ?

--
Best regards,

Tor Olav

mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom